Who are some of your favorite makers & why?
This almost feels like a bit of a trick question! Ha! I work really closely will all of our vendors, from before their product even hits our floor, so I feel connected to each and every one of them.
If I had to choose my top five, this is who they are and why:
1. MINNA GOODS - I've been a long time lover of Minna Goods, run by Sara Berks. She is a textile artist, as I am myself, which drew my initial interest to her brand. I found her on Instagram one day about 2 years ago and immediately fell in love with her style. She's also a pretty sweet human, so that helps too!
2. BE GOOD - Bryanna makes super simple, dainty jewels, which are the only kind I like. She is at Atlanta lady, and we actually used to work together, so I know her pretty well. She does a great job producing really beautiful, really simple jewelry. We carry a line of her earrings and bun pins in the store, but she has a bunch of other goodies as well.
3. COMMUNITY SERVICE - Based in Athens, Community Service brings us reworked clothing. I love this concept, since throwing away clothes is never a good use of items you don't want to wear anymore. Sanni reimagines basics she sources and turns them into clothing the Atlanta Hipsters of today love (think denim cut-offs and velvet mini skirts).
4. MICUSH - This is one of our newer vendors, but I fell in love with her items when I first opened the box. I snagged a print to hang above my desk for some pink + plant inspiration when I'm working from home. Michal is not only one of our newer vendors, she is also one of our farthest, shipping to us from Israel!
5. CAMPFIRE STUDIO - who doesn't love a good planter for their tiny plant babies? Kristen from Campfire Studio provides us with the cutest, tiniest marbled planters, along with some other really amazing marbled ceramics. Her mugs are beautiful, shape and all. There are definitely worth checking out.